Characteristics of true love: What characteristics can you discover in that special person?
Love is one of the great things in this life, something worth living for.
And although both psychologists, sociologists, and doctors have tried to understand human behavior regarding this phenomenon, we all know how well it feels and how true love is capable of changing our lives completely. Nobody will doubt to affirm that it is one of the most extraordinary sensations of which we can enjoy.
What does science say about love?
And of course, since love is capable of making us cross the ocean in search of the person we love, researchers have tried to provide scientific knowledge in this regard, aware of the great interest that this theme arouses.
Surely you ask yourself, what is it that you have concluded in your studies? In summary, science has found results as curious as these:
- Love is like a drug
- The Christmas season produces many divorces
- The small details are the most important
- Love movies are a good therapeutic strategy
- Social networks are the most common cause of divorce
- Distance is not an obstacle in love
- Couple arguments get fat
Difference between love and infatuation
Even though falling in love and love seem synonymous, the reality is that they are different things. Love, in this case, romantic love, is something more lasting than infatuation, which is usually the beginning of romantic love. The infatuation is a series of chemical reactions that occur in the brain, is what makes you feel full and make you feel the monkey for someone when you are not with that person.
The infatuation usually lasts about two years, which is when the brain regains normalcy. Falling in love is often irrational and can give way to mature love.
Mature love: rational love
In order for relationships to last, the intense feeling of love is not enough. There must be a series of Characteristics of true love that allow the relationship to move forward. Respect, communication and even learning from the past, will make a relationship succeed or not. Therefore, for love to triumph, you also have to learn to make the relationship work. This is what is known as mature love.
Characteristics of true love
But what are the characteristics of true love? What are the requirements for lasting love? Below you can find a list with 40 singularities of genuine love:
- It is unconditional love and, therefore, is based on the acceptance of the other person, both in his past and in the present.
- It provokes a deep emotional connection that is what keeps the relationship alive despite the bad times that may arise.
- He is brave and doubts are overcome with courage. The first is the other person.
- It is intense. The feeling is not only profound, but its intensity provokes emotions of great magnitude.
- It is built over time. True love is gaining ground over the years.
- It feeds on compassion and, therefore, is tender and altruistic.
- It encourages negotiation and dialogue because each member of the couple does their part to understand the needs of the other person.
- We are ourselves and that is one of the keys. When you love yourself, then you can love others.
- That person makes you laugh and makes you feel good.
- It does not judge and it is realistic.
- It is romantic and keeps the flame alive in time. Put on your part to make it happen.
- It is detailed and makes the partners show their love.
- It is passionate and they maintain intimate contact.
- It is not finding oneself in the other person or being dependent.
- First you have to love yourself to be able to love others.
- It is natural and things happen without forcing them.
- It is free and unattached. Nobody imposes.
- It allows communication and the two people put their part to understand each other.
- He knows how to listen to what the other needs and what they both need.
- The two people complement each other and support each other.
- It is mutual because it requires that the two members of the couple feel the same.
- He is generous. The person cares about giving and gives his whole heart.
- It is healthy, that is, it is not an asymmetric or dependent love. Each person has their own autonomy.
- It does not make you suffer, that is, it is not a toxic love and it does not hurt. You feel lucky.
- It lasts forever. You can go through bad times, but because of its intensity, it lasts forever.
- It is respectful and the two people who love each other are treated in a tolerant and attentive manner.
- It has shared objectives and the two members are on the same path.
- It overcomes any ups and downs that may arise and there are no conditions.
- To give it, you have to receive it. It is a love that gives.
- It is a friendship with erotic moments. The two members are great friends and share great moments.
- It is commitment, sincerity, and honesty.
- It has no limits because true love can with everything.
- Distance does not matter. The people you want to meet.
- You have to live it and not let time pass.
- It takes away your sleep when you are not with the person you love.
- He loves you as you are and not as he would like you to be.
- Forgive quickly no matter how big the error was.
- There are no victims because the members have enough trust and respect.
- It is your best support and is the person who is by your side in good times and bad times.
- You have to work it. It does not happen overnight.
So what Characteristics of true love matching with your partner? Comment us below… We are curious to know.